To apply to become a member of The Association of Registered Acupuncturists of Prince Edward Island, please ensure that you meet the following requirements:
(1) Graduation from an accredited Acupuncture training program, with a minimum of 1950 documented training hours.
(2) Have successfully passed an entry level Acupuncture skill examination (written & clinical components) by an accepted independent certification agency and awarded the credential associated with that agency.
We accept certification from the following agencies;
- The National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- The College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA)
- College & Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta (CAAA)
- Ordre Professionels des Acupuncteurs du Quebec
- The State of California Board of Acupuncture
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Newfoundland & Labrador
Active members of the Association must complete a minimum of 30 CEUs per 3 year cycle.
Members must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please contact us here to apply for membership or if you have any questions.